Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Biodome







































Saturday we all woke up bright and early (sans coffee. I don't know how I did it. #superhuman) and headed to the Montreal Biodome.

Guys, this place is pretty cool. The Biodome was actually the velodome for the 1976 Olympics for track cycling and judo. I KNOW. I discovered this series of abandoned Olympic stadiums earlier this year and felt sad that these grand buildings fall into disrepair, especially considering the effort and money poured into their development. Seeing how Montreal transformed this building was inspiring. The entire Olympic Park has found a second life!

And not to toot my own horn or anything, but that little raccoon loved me. He would stand up on his hind feet and gesticulate at me. Or maybe he just wanted to eat me. Either way, it was adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment