Saturday, October 4, 2014

Marché Du Vieux-Port




































Ask me for a recommendation of something to do in Quebec and I will quickly command you to visit the Marché du Vieux-Port. It's a giant farmers' market situated by the harbor that's open year round. Venders sell local produce from nearby farms and the Isle d'Orléans.

I visit the market at least once a week. It's a ten minute walk from my school, making it an ideal after school expedition. I'm not sure why I love it so much, perhaps because it reminds me of my home and Virginia? I do miss living in the country and farm life.

Last Sunday as I meandered around lower Quebec, I decided to grab lunch at the market. The weather was so nice that I had to eat by the harbor. I ate my brie and turkey sandwich while listening to my ipod and watching the ships come in and out. My kind of day!

And then I realized that I'm getting thismuch closer to actually becoming my dad.

C'est bon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment